
When I was pregnant for the fourth time, Jon and I decided that we would actually try to find out whether it was a boy or a girl. We had the three girls and the surprise of not knowing when they were born was pretty cool. We also decided that we would find out but would tell no one. So the day came and we had the news that we would have a boy after-all. For the months after, I had to shop with my sister, Joni, for baby clothing. I would first go to the girls department and then to the boys department. Carly would leave me notes around the house that would say something like, " Mommy, please tell me what you are having and I won't tell anyone else."
The day that Shane was born my sister walked into the hospital room with total unbelief that I could keep a secret that good from her and everyone else. It was a happy day for our family!
I used to sing to Shane..." You are my son-shane, my only son-shane
You make me happy when skies are gray.
Please don't take my son Shane away."
Now look at him! These pictures were taken just two years ago! He looks so young. My son Shane is not being taken away, he is just simply growing up and drifting away. Sniff, sniff.
You'll never know Shane, how much I love you.

1 comment:
We did found out with one of our children and didn't tell but we also didn't tell anyone that we knew. I prefer the surprise but I am still shocked that I didn't blab to the whole world that I knew the sex of my baby.
Post a Comment