Monday, September 21, 2009

Peaceful Sadness... It's Complicated

Well for three weeks I have been silent. I have not posted something that has been foremost in my mind for this time because I didn't know what to write without a rambling of sadness or struggle.

I am no longer the Young Women's president and it is just hard! I have been with these girls for close to 6 years.

I don't feel any urge to run over to the young women's room each Sunday to peek in on them or anything. On Wednesday evenings when I know there is an activity happening I am enjoying my time at home. I feel perfectly calm with Laurie Arnell as their new leader. I don't think they can't live or thrive without me. I don't even want to go back. I knew in February that my time was done. So why so hard?

I miss them... collectively and as individuals. I miss their sound and their sweetness. I miss the energy and light that they exude. I miss the singing... their perfect angel voices in the simplest of hymns or the happy birthday song on the 3rd Sunday of each month. I miss the "Wins for the Week" report that left me smiling-always smiling. I miss their strength and goodness.

There is something that has disappeared from my life that is hard to replace. It can't be replaced.

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages