Monday, October 12, 2009

Got a Package Full of Wishes


Mama and Rachel eating breakfast in our apartment in Salt Lake.

Back when I could take care of my kid's every need, for the most part, I felt like I could never get a break. It was so constant and tiring. My understanding of the strides I was making and the impact I had as a mother are more clear now than they were in those endless days. But with the ever-changing times the trials remain. They just have a different twist. Now that I have several children gone from home I feel helpless that I can't get to them to help.

Another car accident in the family. Not her fault. It could have been awful. Instead the oncoming traffic that should have been there, wasn't, and there are a few aches, dents and scratches instead of serious injuries. Rachel is safe and that is all that matters.

I think of our family prayers each day when we ask that our family be protected and I am grateful that we have this habit in our home to pray together.

I am not sure which challenge is harder any more. I should have considered carefully my wish that they would just grow up.

"Got a package full of wishes
A time machine, a magic wand
A globe made out of gold
No instructions or commandments,
Laws of gravity or indecisions to uphold
Printed on the box I see: ACME's Build a World to Be.
Take a chance, grab a piece
Help me to believe it

What kind of world do you want
Think anything
Let’s start at the start
Build a masterpiece
Be careful what you wish for
History starts now"

(FIVE FOR FIGHTING-"World")

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure my prayers will change and become more intense once I have a driver in the family. Glad everyone is ok!

Austin and Karrie said...

That picture is adorable. I love it! So glad Rachel is ok!

Tait said...

...no accidents and no tickets..that is a line from my daily prayer.
This was instituted when we lived in Utah. Maybe I should have added no road rage.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages