
During this holiday season I went on several dates with my kids. I made the time to take each one of them out alone. It is puzzling to me why it feels so hard to find the time to spend time with those I love the most.
Rachel and I went to the botanical gardens to see the Gardenland Express display. On display were gorgeous flowers and very high tech looking model trains. Rachel was very impressive with her photography skills as she nearly stood on her head to get some shots of the flowers. Grandma Jo came too and we had time for lunch together thanks to Pompa's credit card.
Carly and I went to the St Louis Art Museum in Forrest park.We were impressed with the collection they had and always grateful for the admission price of FREE. Carly got in trouble for standing too close to one of the paintings now that she has become quite the art snob ( she crossed over the taped line on the floor) It was great fun and I especially tried to take note of the nudes since I will soon be sketching naked folks for a letter grade. (See Post I've Got the Giggles)
Jenna....well, she left town to visit the love of her life, Francisco, in Georgia. Raincheck please.
Shane and I went outside the day it snowed and I took pictures of him in the snow. Shane takes great interest in my business and is especially involved with the editing in photoshop. We hit Taco Bell on our way to pick up a Rules of the Road book so he can take his permit test to begin driving. Yikes!
Today, just one day before school resumes, Cassie and I went to Busy Beads to make jewelry. We were the only ones in the whole store so we got special attention. She made a fantastic necklace and I cheated by picking out a sample pair of earrings that were too hard for a first-timer to assemble so the lady there made them for me and I paid for them. Cassie and I worked together on her necklace and had fun racing to see who could build their side quicker. My new glasses did little to help with the tiny, teeney tiny beads that we strung. Cassie's necklace turned out so cute that I think I will need to borrow it from her. Especially since I built half of it.
Jon and I haven't had our date yet. We just assume there is always time for that later since our kids are coming and going so fast these days. After all the happenings of the holiday I will be happy with a DVD , slippers and jammies, in our room, door locked with a box of my favorite candy. Guess we will have to look over our calendars and pencil something in.

1 comment:
We've had that date the last few times I've been home, we should just make that happen every time because I love love love it. Also...love that you put Adele on your blog. She's my current favorite!!! But you're always my favorite Bobby!
Post a Comment