Monday, April 19, 2010

Pink Ice-Cream, Princess Diaries

I spent my afternoon with a princess.

When I arrived to pick up the princess I was greeted by Princess Chloe decked out fully in pink ice-cream cone skirt, pink bow in her hair, flower sandals, and pink lip-stick. She was carrying one purple fuzzy purse.

While we drove I showed her my magic window in the top of my car and explained that at night the stars  fall in through the window and bring me wishes and dreams. I found that my ability to talk a little princess vocabulary was not as lost as I had first thought.

Our day was planned.
First there was the business of my dirty car. Princess Chloe noted recently that my car was very dirty and that it needed  a bath. She and I had once before gone through a car wash and she was intent on going again. She giggled and ooohed and ahhhed at the suds in the car wash and screamed when the powerful rinse hit her window.
Our next stop...
anywhere we could find a pink ice-cream cone. This was more difficult than I thought. But we found a cute little Baskin Robbins shop in Rock Hill. Princess Chloe looked and found her pink rainbow ice-cream that was fit ONLY for a true princess. She was cheerful and danced around the shop while the ice-cream cone was made. Her expression was priceless when he handed her the princess pink, rainbow cone.


Me....?
I settled for a double scoop of pralines and cream in a cup...fit for a commoner in the presence of a beautiful and cheerful little princess. She may have just made me a believer again. In fact, I am going to make a few wishes when I peek out my window tonight to watch the stars fall into my magic car window.

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages