Saturday, August 27, 2011

Early Bird Waits for the Worm

The weather has been beautiful the past few days so when Rachel and I went to lunch today at St. Louis Bread Co. we decided to sit outside. The temperature was just about perfect with low humidity.

A short while after we sat down, Rachel noticed, just inches away from my feet  and right in the middle of the walkway a small bird sat with it's beak open, waiting for food and looking from side to side to see if anyone would toss anything his way. There he sat, never closing his beak and simply waiting for something to arrive to eat. I was struck by the laziness of the bird.

 Life was just too easy for him. Did he even know how to fly? use his beak to dig below the dirt for a worm or build a nest? If the others surrounding him didn't provide what he needed to live would he know how to survive?

What of those in this world who are given too much and certainly sit waiting for the sustenance they need with little or no work or effort on their part. I am sad for their lives and worried for their character that is being cheated by a  life of ease.... just sitting by waiting for all to be provided, not only for their needs but in excess of what is needful.

I hope every day that I can be strong. I have found appreciation in the trials that have been in my life that teach me how to work, mentally and emotionally...spiritually for sure and that will provide me the answers I need to fly, on my own.


No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages