My experience with the spanish language is zilch. I recall how much Carly loved the language in high school and how she would try to include me by speaking simple phrases in an attempt to teach me. I would scoff and return an answer that may or may not have been correct but none the less would always evoke a laugh. My method was to simply add an "o" at the end of the word or an "el" at the beginning. Sometimes for flair I would use both. Ingenious!
When Shane and Cassie continued in conversation, I deciphered more in their body language than I understood in their speaking. They were clearly "up to something" with their cut eyes and half smiles but then I heard a word I understood...OREO. I knew there was a brand new package that had been opened after church which had mostly been consumed. I had told them "NO MORE"!
I sprang to my feet from the rocker and announced as I ran for the front door I knew what they were up to! This is where I failed. My announcement came a millisecond too soon. Shane made it to the door as I was a crack away from shutting and locking the door. He began to push and then Cassie made it to the door to add her 90 lbs to the effort.
I held my own for a very short time. All three of us were laughing way too hard to really give it our all. Their momentum began to push the door open and my feet slipped on the hardwood floor. I knew I had to make it to the cookies so I gave up the fight at the door and sprinted to the table where the package sat. I grabbed them and started to open the window just beyond the table to chuck them out below. Hunched over and protecting the cookies I had the window up just enough to push the package through. Shane grabbed me from behind and screamed for Cassie to grab the cookies. I fought a good fight, but ultimately failed. She ripped them from my grasp and the two of them took off with the dark chocolatey cookies in tow, while victory laughter trailed behind them.
My only consolation was that they had no time to pour a glass of milk and dunk them, in proper oreo cookie eating form, before they stuffed their piggy faces.
My only consolation was that they had no time to pour a glass of milk and dunk them, in proper oreo cookie eating form, before they stuffed their piggy faces.

2 comments:
Oh...the joys of the OREOOOOOO! Love'em! Have you made Oreo Bombs?
Are they also called Oreo balls? And no, I have never eaten one of those delicious, delectable yummy, chocolate covered- and chocolate drizzled, treats EVER!
Post a Comment