![]() |
| Carly picks up her number and packet |
![]() |
| scanning packet |
![]() |
| Carly and Kandis ready for the race! |
ok...my trip home today was good.
I left Salt Lake City and flew two hours further west to Los Angeles. The plane I flew on was the smallest plane I have ever been on. My stomach felt a little ewey on the flight ( and yes ewey is a word!) If the LA airport isn't on the worst US airport list I will start a petition to get it on. We landed and then were shuttled to the main terminal since we didn't actually land there. The lines were long and folks were grumpy. I then boarded my second plane of the day to now head east which is direction I need to go all along.
I found my seat and waited to see who would sit next to me. The flight would be quite long and I was nervous for a large person to sit next to me because I get very fidgety and have to move and squirm a bit to keep from losing my mind. I was relieved to see a nice small, actually tiny, asian woman sit down beside me. Now I felt a bit uncomfortable since I was much larger than she was...maybe i was the passenger she dreaded!?
UNTIL...dun dun dah...
she pulled out a plastic shopping bag with her lunch in it. The smell from the bag frightened me. I already had a queasy stomach so I began to look out my window and concentrate on the scenery. I turned once in her direction to see her pull her napkin up to her face to cover up whatever she took a bite of. I imagined a tiny chick in an egg that she had just bitten into. ooooh boy, that image made me feel so sick! The smell was strong and unfamiliar. While she ate and looked through her bag for her food I intensley told myself she was probably eating a burger or chick-fil-a to keep myself from dry heaving. I survived but I was the most unfriendly self I had ever been on a flight. Sorry lady.
As I got off the plane and headed for the baggage claim I turned the corner and there stood Jon, Shane and Cassie with big smiles. I was so overcome with love for them when I saw them...I cried, yep, just so Shane could make fun of me.
I was back and all was normal....
So happy to be home.
I'll have to wait a week to see Jon though. He left to head back to Nashville thirty minutes after I got home.
Sad.




1 comment:
I would have asked her if she liked the movie Silence of the Lamb just to make sure
Post a Comment