When we get together as a family for holidays I experience such a wide range of emotions.
While I thought I would never like being an empty nester I see that my life has slowly arranged itself to that end. My life is quieter and more scheduled and void of the flexibility I needed in the midst of raising a large family.
While the chaos of family life is waning I feel busier than ever with my own activities.
So when the madness returns, I fall in love with "what was" in a melancholy kind of way but miss my "what has become" life since they left home. Let me explain.
THIS IS ALL GOOD- laughing, singing, screaming, sharing bathrooms, finding shoes, wrapping gifts, planning activities, sharing cars, friends drop by ( this makes me extra happy!), meals, shopping, returns, grandparents house, eating, cleaning, sharing stories sad and happy, old movies, uploading, music, new gadgets, Christmas day movies, AMC movies, late nights, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, laughing at you tube videos, taking walks in queeny park, church, airport runs (3) this year and Rachel almost didn't make it, cuddling in the same bed, big breakfasts and absent dinners (thanks Little Caesars!), wedding plans and mission papers and more and more eating.
and then they leave and I figure out a way to move back into
ALSO GOOD- morning alarm 4:40 and seminary at 6:00 and teaching fantastic youth, home by 7:00, breakfast and nap by 9:00, learning, studying next lesson, visiting teaching, time for talents, google chat with Carly at work, Jon called and needs medical info, Cassie texts with a I ROCKED THAT TEST!!!!, talking to Mom and Dad, Joni, Amy, my girls, Natascha, editing, blog, photoshop, illustrator, minimal housework...ooops forgot to go the grocery store again (wink, wink, I HATE THAT PLACE) kids are home so we talk about their day, Shane loves to talk about his day, Jon is home and night routine begins with scripture study and prayer.


No comments:
Post a Comment