
There aren't enough words to say that I love you
Not enough ways to show that I care
Not enough laughter or good times to wish you
Not enough wonderful moments to share.
A million bright mornings would not be too many
Long evenings forever would still be too few
For I need you and love you so much that it seems
There aren't enough days in a lifetime with you.
This poem was one I found when we had been married for about a year. We had our gold rings engraved years later with the first and last line of the poem. My ring was Jon's original gold band and it says, "There aren't enough words" and Jon's new gold ring says, "There aren't enough days."
It is a poem that we say to each other often and it makes me feel safe and happy.
On March 30 I will have been married to Jon for 24 years and the miracle is that I still really like him!

1 comment:
That's a wonderful thing. Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment