Friday, May 8, 2009

Memories of Being a Mom



One of my best memories of growing up with my mom, is a three word sentence she would say to me when I was down. Even to this day, when I'm in a crabby teenage mood, she will say this sentence and I would immediately smile . That one sentence was, "Smile to me!" This one simple sentence would cause a grin to instantly overcome my whole face. When I was upset about something, or overwhelmed with school, this one simple sentence would make me forget about what was bothering me, and in its place, came a huge grin, and occasionally a tickle attack or wrestling match which would lead to laughter. Thank you mom for teaching me how to be happy even when the circumstances were against me. I love you forever and ever without ever stopping!
Love,
Your Sun Shane

One of my favorite childhood memories is from when we lived in Memphis. I was probably 4 or 5 and it was a Saturday morning. Mom came in and woke Rachel, Jenna and me up and asked what we wanted for breakfast. We told her we wanted pancakes, which is a favorite to this day, and proceeded to tell her that we were so hungry that we could eat a MILLION! She said "alright" and went into the kitchen. "I'll just keep making them and you just keep eating them." So we sat down at the table ready to conquer the mountain of pancakes already starting on our plates. Naturally being little girls we each ate MAYBE three and then were stuffed. But my mom let us be little girls. She let us think that we could eat a million of those pancakes if we wanted. She didn't tell us that there was no way we could eat that many or that she just didn't have time to make a million pancakes. She let us be little girls and let us have imaginations and believe that we could do anything. That is one of my favorite memories of my mommy because it was as true then as it is now......My mom has always believed in us. Happy Mother's Day my beautiful Mommy!
Love,
your Carly Michelle

One of my favorite memories when I was a child was when It was time to go to bed at night and I had to have "happy, sad, song, and prayer!" I would report my happy of the day, my sad of the day and we would sing together or she would let me sing by myself. I still remember singing moon river, my sunshine, and primary songs together! This is one of my favorite memories of mommy!Another one of my favorite memories of mommy is when she would let me sit in my room for an hour when I was about 4 and I would dress myself and when I found a cute outfit... I would go to her and ask her if she liked it. She always loved them and I would go upstairs over and over and change my outfit until finally i found one that was perfect!!!!
Love.
Cassie Noelle

How to choose...I remember having to sing with you and Carly and Jenna in sacrament meeting on Mother's Day and I don't think you got a word out before you started crying. I literally remember the time you were called to Young Women's and your first night at mutual because I was so sad you weren't there that night to sing me to sleep. Then when I got into Young Women's we would drive around with all my friends (windows down, music all the way up). Then I remember, like Shane, when something was bothering me one time you made me sing along to some ridiculous song at the top of my lungs and tap dance. And whenever we needed an extra lift at home the hymns would play 24/7. Music always has something to do with the way you teach and love us.
Love,
Pretty

Well I know I'm the slacker child who wrote on here last but I feel like thats totally fitting for me. I mean not that I'm lazy but I have the be the most important...best for last. haha. Lets see. I was thinking through all of my amazing memories of things that we have done together or things I remember about you and first off I thought of all the times when I would come home from dates or hanging out with my friends or having a conversation or fight with someone and I would come home around curfew and sit on your bed...with dad totally asleep but nodding every once in a while....and I would tell you EVERYTHING! I mean I don't think I edited very much and I always knew you were listening and you weren't judging me or my friends and we could talk and then you always gave me the best advice. At the time I always thought my way was the best but when I was smart enough to try out your solutions they always seemed to work. We would laugh, cry, argue, and just talk and it was always the best way to end my day. The other things I remember is when you are about to go out on a nice date or getting ready for church I always sit on your bed and watch you getting ready and talk to you and help you with your outfits and jewelry and hair. I love getting to see my gorgeous mommy get ready for things. You are such a classy woman. But even with all those memories the one thing that I will never forget and I love and hope to do with my kids is when I would be tired at home or at church or just about anywhere and you would always "draw" on my face. You would take your finger and stroke my face until I fell asleep. That was the greatest thing in the whole world and I can remember asking you to do it all the time. That will forever go down as my greatest memory of when I was just a little girl. I love you mommy! You are the best and I hope I can be just like you some day!
love,
Jenna Beth

2 comments:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! oh my gosh!!! Not only is Carly and the other kids ADORABLE!! But you look almost EXACTLY like Carly now...wow! Also, I like your blog!!!!

Meggan said...

Hey there Rebecca! Love your blog! Your mother day notes from your kids made me cry. Very very sweet. I am going to be a frequent visitor now. Hope you don't mind.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages