
No School Means-
1. I have to remain fully clothed at all times and pretend I never yell because anyone can walk into my house at any time since all my kid's friends come and go without a hint of a doorbell.
2. We are invigorated as we go through the motions of creating summer goals and feel so good about the "Personal Progress" "Weight Loss" " Eagle Scout" and " Duty to God" intentions that are ahead of us. WE are AWESOME on paper!
3. Rachel comes home to visit and we are all together again.
4. Summer Road trips. This year we will hit the Lake o' de' Ozarks and Nauvoo and Kansas City to visit Carly. A train trip to Chicago is always on my mind. We would all love to see Wicked again and shop Michigan Avenue!
5. 6:30 a.m. swim practice. Coach Mike. Lots of first place ribbons. Sunburn.
6. Flowers around the house that I swear I will water faithfully THIS year.
7. Washing Cars. Shakespeare in the Park. The Muny. Six Flags. Youth Conference. Girl's Camp and tics.
8. Wiffle Ball with friends...and yes I can still hit and run all the bases! Consecutively.
9. The sound of fans running in the house. So much white noise I feel a bit sleepy at times.
10. NO papers to sign from 9+ different teaches, no one scrounging through the pennies for lunch money and no else's agenda or field trips but my own!
11. Carly screaming at the mere idea that there are fish and seaweed in the lake she is swimming in. This is great entertainment for all!
SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!

3 comments:
I love your list - I love summer break
Awesome! Two things.
1-When are you guys coming to visit me? SOON?!
2-I'm glad someone gets entertainment out of my misery. Lake water is DISGUSTING.
Hey I ALWAYS rang the doorbell!
Post a Comment