Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Husband is on the Couch Again!

It is late into the evening... another late night for me when I am working on my photography/photoshop edits. Many nights I sit here at my computer til late into the night and across the room on the couch is my husband. He never complains even though I know he gets sick of my late nights. My kids know why he is there on that couch. I'm not embarrassed for them to know why he is there AGAIN! It isn't because he is in trouble. It's because since the day we married he refuses to go up to bed without me. This may sound like no big deal but I am very much a night owl and he is an early morning guy. I love to hear the sound of his breathing as he begins to really doze off. He brings me much comfort as he sleeps and sometimes snores right behind me late into the night. His commitment to this is a great comfort to my kids too as I hear them tell friends..." Yeah my Dad doesn't go upstairs until my mom is done". It is a small thing I guess but something that I count on and appreciate. So if you hear that Jon sleeps on the couch a lot in our house it's not because he is in trouble...he's just waiting for me.

4 comments:

Carly Michelle said...

You need to get a picture of it one of these times for memories. So I can show my kids my daddy waiting for my mommy with his "codfish" face.

KJA said...

that is sweet and a serious commitment.

Kristen said...

That is so sweet. Mark does the same thing...but most of the time I am the first one ready for bed.

Austin and Karrie said...

Austin and I do the same thing! I love it too! I just hope it lasts as long as it has for you!!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages