Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Learn to Laugh at Yourself ..The letter "i" and "o" did

In a world of political correctness there is little time to laugh at anything outside of the generic. Our world's attitudes have put people on alert for ways to be offended and to carry a chip on their shoulder; sometimes for a lifetime. We get mad at people, cut people out of activities and stay within our own contrived circles. The methods used to integrate the human race have, instead, divided us in tremendous ways.

I was towards the back today while I sat in a critique session in my graphic design class. Sitting next to me was Tisha. I mentioned her before as the young girl without arms. (By the way her design today....flawless and one of the best.}

We have been studying different texts and how to use words and type effectively. At one point the teacher mentioned that we should take a day to play charades and to each come as a different letter of the alphabet.

Tisha leaned over and said, " That would stink, I would always have to be the letter "i"."

She and I laughed and then I said,

"That's ok, I would always have to be the letter "o".

This girl is AWESOME!



If you can laugh at yourself, odds are you experience less tension, less worry, and better health. You have the priceless ability to put things in their proper perspective.

1 comment:

KJA said...

too funny, I think I would be a short a - class sounds like fun.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages