Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Land of Make Believe



When Jenna was four she went to pre-school. This was a big deal since I had never sent any of my children to pre-school before. But with Rachel and Carly in school, Jenna was home alone...bored. One of my favorite memories of Jenna was the drive to school in the mornings. It went a little like this...

Jenna- "Mom did I tell you what happened yesterday on the playground"?

Mama- "No, tell me what happened".

Jenna- " Well there was this boy and he was carrying around this big bag and in this bag he had these huge toys and he was handing toys out to all the kids".

Mama- " Uh- huh".

Jenna- " And then when the bag was empty he had all this money that he started handing out and I got fifty dollars".

Mama- " Really"?

Jenna- " Yeah"

"And Miss Natalie told us we couldn't keep any of the.."

Mama- ( interrupting)
" Now Jenna, is this a real story or a make believe story"?

Jenna- (matter of factly) " This is a make-believe story."

( with out skipping a beat) " Any way the money I got from this boy I gave to the......."

On and on she goes with these amazing stories. Most of the time when I asked if they were a real or make believe story the answer was make believe.

Sometimes when she now gets to talkin and ramblin on about her day, I love to stop her mid sentence and ask.

" Now Jenna, is this a real or make believe story"?

1 comment:

Tait said...

Can't wait till the kids grow up so I can play model with them. I can usually only get 10 minutes with Dorian. Both Carly and Jenna's portraits are beautiful...Seriously gorgeous.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages