Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Travel Log-Day One

We spent the day in Kansas City today. It is a place that has alway felt like home to me though I only lived here for just a few years after I was born. This city is where my parents met and married. This city is where we gathered with the only extended family I have ever known. My Grandma Sally lived in Prairie Village for all the years I was growing up and when our family was busy moving a lot this city was a constant for me.

Shane, Cassie and I spent 3 hours at the World War I museum.The 3 of us have fun together and today was no different. Shane loves history and before we went in I asked him to tell me what he knew about the war. He recited to me all that he knew and I was impressed. When we got inside I thought several times,

"Wow, that is what Shane said before."
He really connects with history and knows dates and treaties and things I only memorized to get through a test. HIs love of this coupled with his intense interest in politics is interesting to me and to what he might do with his future.

We are all anxious to get to Idaho and see Rachel, Carly and Jenna. It is a fantastic time for me as a mom, to have two daughters done with their bachelor's degree. I feel a sense of relief that they have soemthing that will sustain them and their future families. They teach me and help me to see that I can do anything. I love when my kids teach me. With them I feel such a part of a team.

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages