Monday, January 11, 2010

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder


Today when I got up and I looked through my errand list I felt cranky. I stomped and sighed and made an ugly face at the dogs. I walked with slumped shoulders and drug my feet. I threw my head back with a bit of a tantrum posture and stomped up and down the stairs again. I defiantly spoke out loud,

" I don't want to go!"

Today, if I was Mrs Potato Head, I was wearing my angry eyes.

Why? What on my list could make me so dramatic and annoyed?

The Post Office.

I HATE HATE HATE going to the post office. Ask my kids how many care packages they have gotten while out at school. The answer is sad.

While I know this is a silly thing, I don't feel too ridiculous when I hear that there are people who have anxiety over items like marshmallows, clowns or cotton balls.

Going to the dentist doesn't bother me. Going to get my taxes done doesn't bother me. Going to anything compared to the post office doesn't bother me! (ok this is a lie. I would rather go to the post office than have a spray tan or draw naked people}

I asked my parents today,

"Did something bad happen to me at a Post Office?"

"No" they responded.

When I told them I truly had anxiety about going to the post office my dad came up with the proper diagnosis.

" You have POST traumatic stress disorder."

It's a miracle that I don't have an intense fear of really bad puns!

2 comments:

KJA said...

too funny. I dislike taking my kids to the post office (not really kid friendly) but I find the post office EASY and my post office is so friendly.

Carly Michelle said...

hahaha. pompa would say that. and what were you going to the post office for?! Am I finally gonna get a package?

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages