My most embarrassing moments are a gift...for in these red-faced moments I can look back and laugh.
Whenever someone asks me to recall an embarrassing moment this one is at the top of my list.
I was waiting in a hotel lobby after a single adult dance. The dance attire was Sunday dress and I was decked out in a bright red dress and very high heels. I was a naive girl of nineteen. The dance was during a young adult conference and many of the out-of-towners were staying at the HYATT. I was being a good girl as I was waiting for my boyfriend to take his bags to his room while I safely waited on a bench in this high end hotel. Being a good girl was important to me.
At the opposite end of the lobby, I began to notice an older man pacing back and forth. He seemed strange in his movements. I casually began looking all around and checking my watch for the boyfriend to return. This man seemed to be looking at me, studying me in a way. In hindsight, the fact that I was looking for someone might have sent him a wrong kind of message.
Then this man began walking straight towards me. As he got right in front of me I noticed he had a key in his hand. He stopped directly in front of me and tossed the key from his hand onto the bench next to me. I looked at it and felt confusion at this strange gesture. I looked up at him and down at the key, up and then down...and then I realized he thought I was a lady of the night. ( this phrase should echo)
I remember feeling like the room was spinning. The look on my face must have reflected my feelings of disbelief, embarrassment and disgust. He grabbed his key back up quickly and left the lobby straight away leaving me dumbfounded.
Me, a hooker? Psh.
I had just left a church dance!
I was a good girl waiting in the lobby for my boyfriend to avoid any kind of perception of improper behavior!
So funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

3 comments:
That is nuts! I can't believe it. What a story - but in an un-CTR way, it's kinda a funny compliment.
wow, I wouldn't have guessed that of you - I guess you really never know people. hahahaha
So I can't really remember when i got embarrassed as much as I remember how embarrassed I was for the following: (key words of the event) girls camp, german yw leader, changing in her a-frame, wind blows untied tent..If I was a werewolf I would have transformed right then and there from the bright white full moon. Where were her clothes and why was she facing in that direction. And what possibly was on the ground that she had to pick up.
Post a Comment