Sunday, March 28, 2010

Super-Duper

Before I get into the story I want to tell, I should first give a little background. It makes the story understandable and Oh...so much sweeter!

The first part of the background is that my dad is a teaser! He could give the most straight faced answers and as a child I was never sure if he was pulling my leg or tellin the truth. He is full of silly puns and if you have spent time with him you have been teased. 

 Part two background- Growing up, my dad collected cars.  Along with his collection we had new Buick company cars . ALL cars were kept perfectly clean and he did everything to keep the doors scratch and ding-free. To this day his cars are kept spotless.
 Now, when I pull up to his house there are usually comments about the condition of my car. It is his way of teasing and teaching. I have learned to take care of my car because of his persistence and simply because I don't want to hear about it. Now I am converted to his way of thinking. My kids believe it is not without a price when we park far away from an entrance to a store with a long walk ahead of us. So sad.

Now the story....
Yesterday, Jon, Cassie and I were working at my parents home. We pulled from the trunk of my mother's car large bags of mulch to put around their trees. When the bags of mulch were gone I carefully closed the trunk of the car and there to my horror, I found a very dirty and spotted car. My time for revenge had arrived!

I walked up the basement stairs, through the kitchen, down the hall and then I sheepishly entered my dad's office and began, ( I was calm, cool and collected)

"Hey Dad."

" I have been working with Jon outside putting out the mulch around the trees for Mom. The mulch was in the back of Mom's car and when Jon put out the last bag I went back to the garage to shut the trunk of her car..."

Interruption here. It is important to note that I was trying to lead him to believe that something had happened to the car and he was taking the bait. I noticed that his face was now changing to a forced calmness and for a moment I thought at the end of my little concocted story I might possibly be grounded.

Back to the story...

"So when I went to shut the trunk of her car I noticed..." ( Oh, dang I was so good here! Academy award good! My pause and timing were perfection!)

"That the car is FILTHY!"

Oh. It still fills me with satisfaction. His face and reaction was priceless.

My only regret-
 there was no one there to witness my masterpiece theater. But I  ran to the kitchen and bragged and told everyone while they ate lunch. I think all were impressed but none were more than me. I had duped the "duper". Is that a word? Duper?

doesn't matter and if is seems like I am rambling on. I am. I am just sad that the story has to end. Ah, revenge is so sweet but it is not without the expectation that he will get me back. Until then...

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wish I could have been there to witness this moment! As the daughter of a Champion teaser myself, I can empathasize with what a grand moment this must have been!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages