I once heard a joke that went a little like this....
A woman ready to deliver her baby was informed that there was a new way to allow the father of the child to take on some of the labor pains.
"Terrific, she declared!"
Her husband was not quite as enthusiastic with the idea of taking any of the pain but kept quiet (smart man...who wants to argue with a woman nine months pregnant?)
The day finally arrived and when the pains began to get intense the woman decided it was time to transfer some of the pain to her husband. She first transferred only 10 percent of the discomfort but when he said he could take more she gave him 20, then 30, 40, 50 percent of the pain. He wasn't in any pain at all and happily took the rest of the labor pains from his dear wife until a sweet baby boy was born. All were happy at how well this new labor plan had worked!
Later in the day the man arrived home to gather some items to bring back to his wife and found the postman dead on the front porch.
I know, funny joke...but I have been thinking all day, wouldn't it be nice if we really could take some of the pain and anguish from someone's life? I know that I am to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that need comfort. It's a promise I made as a follow of Christ. It has always been hard for me to know what to do or say when someone is sad. I am good at hugs and I am a good listener too but I am so unsure of what to say in fear that I will put my foot in my mouth.
I would just prefer this whole "transfer of pain" idea to give them relief for one day. I could do that.
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

No comments:
Post a Comment