Saturday, June 5, 2010

We Are Family

I can recall in my life the very moment I was hit with life-altering news. It is still so vivid I can almost summon the emotions and feelings now.  I felt dizzy and light-headed physically and emotionally. I found myself unable to utter a word and all the saliva in my mouth dried up instantly which left me gasping for air. The room felt soft under my feet and the walls of the room seemed to be tilting.  I wasn't sure if I would collapse from my own dizziness or the floor would give out under my feet and I would fall through.

Some people say there is no way to prepare for such moments and in part I believe them. But there is the preparation of habits that will carry one through the aftermath of such news; like prayers.  Even then, I believe that as children of God, He placed us with families that love us and help us through the rough spots.

Do not squander the simple moments of every day that you spend with your parents or sisters or brothers or children or spouses; your family. They are your truest allies and they have the purest of intentions to help you along the road of life. Be truthful and thoughtful and forgiving and patient with them. Work harder on the friendships within your home than anywhere else. Even when life separates us across the miles and years the efforts need to continue,  for these bonds with family are what will strengthen us and sustain us.

While I know I was supported ultimately by my Heavenly Father, the fact remains, that I didn't fall through the floor at that moment because of my family. They are my truest friends and were the hands of Heaven. Their love is still the sturdy ground beneath my feet. I thank my Father in Heaven every day for them because they are His gift to me.

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages