It leaves me bewildered, confused and sad. The thoughts exit my mind for a moment and when they re-enter, it catches my breath and I am back to bewildered, confused and sad. A young and naiive girl in our family has left us behind. She did not die, or go on an extended vacation, or leave for a far off school. She walked away from us for a boy. A boy that speaks to her and of her in ways that are foul and disturbing. She left for a boy that will not cherish her forever but pass her off for someone new when he gets tired of her. A boy that encouraged her to choose him even if it meant she was to walk away from everything that made her good. A boy that was disrespectful to her parents. She says that no one understands. And yet we do far better than she does... for she walked out of her loving home for someone so temporary and empty. He controls her and pushes her and grabs her roughly. Is this love? Her parents gave her love, taught her correct principles and cherished their only daughter. They guarded her and tirelessly tried to keep her from harm. I see in their eyes the signs of exhaustion.
She has chosen the hardest road of all; for it involves a boy and a life of deceit. For while the boy and the girl both worked so hard to deceive her parents, they can't see in their future that they will lie to each other and deceive one another when they feel it is necessary. It is part of who they are. He will not last but the deceit developing in her life will riddle her existence in every relationship she attempts. Her calousness in choosing a boy over her loving family will cheat her of the deepest feelings of love towards anyone; now or in her future.
Now...
The movement and sound of her are gone. Her home has an emptiness where this young and beautiful girl once lived. All rescue attempts have failed and the parties sent to keep her safe are tired and sad and defeated. The fight was just too long and the effects to the family were so costly. Enough.
While I do not know how this story will eventually end, I do know that there is hope. It is never too late to change the direction of our lives my sweet girl. For you can win back the future that was promised to you. The future that will bring you joy and the real love of a man... not a boy, and peace and freedom.
Everyone around you knows how much more you deserve. Now it is up to you to see that and begin your own fight and to decide that what is happening to you is an unacceptable way to proceed.
All for a boy? His actions are not love. His words are not love. He does not love you. You will never believe that he loves you. Love is proven in one's actions; not in a phrase recited at the end of a phone call, or if he calls you his baby, if it's typed out in a text with a smiley face or hand-written at the end of a card.
I just can't understand. I am bewildered, confused and sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

4 comments:
You are truly a one who can touch many people with inviting words....this post is one that truly put a lump in my throat. I would hope that your words could effect this girl if she would read them. I love you so much and i love your way of words
I loved that talk A Few Degrees by President Utchdorf. How just a few degrees off you can fall off course. The great thing about this is that we are pilot of our own course. And we have the ability to change directions. We may go through storms and heavy clouds which can affect our perspective but if we rely on the wings or arm of the savior he can be the autopilot and bring us safely home. I am so sorry for her and hope she can take control of her journey and get back on course. She may loose an engine along the way but she can make it. Oh gosh now I have the Wings of Love song in my head...
I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, we have been through much of what your family is going through. It is exhausting...and it is bewildering, confusing and sad. It leaves you feeling empty and spent -- and like you failed at the one important thing you were entrusted with: putting your child on the best possible path as an adult. HOWEVER, hold on...the rescue that seems ill-fated now may end up happening down the road. Later on, signs of hope come little by little, piece by piece. Hold on...that's what we're doing.
When I am having difficulty understanding why we go through what we do or at times wishing to take someone else's burden so they do not have to go through something so hard-I always realize how real the atonement is. It does not fix our pain-but we know there is someone who understands how we feel. There is someone who understands how she feels and someone who, like her family, is always going to love her-no matter what. I love you pretty girl and I miss you!
Post a Comment