Saturday, June 12, 2010

Phantom Findings

A female comedian once did this whole routine on how men can never find anything. Her idea was that the men in our lives rely on their women to find anything that they are not able to locate. The comedian suggested it was because the men must believe that a uterus is a tracking device. Jon and I both laughed at how she made a mockery of how so many men look and look and look for something and then the woman walks in and brushes a few things aside and holds the lost up for him to see. BAM! the uterine tracker worked. It has been a joke for a lot of years between Jon and I. 

Like an amputee that has phantom pains of the lost limb I have been able to still locate the lost items that Jon can't find. Last week he took a bit of time to find a much needed sales receipt from a recently purchased mattress. I saw him looking through the mail pile in the kitchen and digging outside in his car. I said to him as he came upstairs,
" It's got to be in the Macy's bag in our room"

He entered our room, approached the bag and pulled it out from inside. 

I wonder how long I will continue to have the use of this power now that I no longer have my tracking device? 


No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages