Friday, February 4, 2011

The Diagnosis

It is the wee hours of the morning as I type out my post. It isn't so unusual for me to be awake all hours of the night. I will take a guess that 10 minutes down the road my mother's room light is on as well. What I have previously thought was a curse has been re-evaluated and I have concluded that my mother and I have been unjustly labeled as insomniacs without consideration of the obvious diagnosis!


Through the years of trying to peacefully slumber we have tried countless, maybe even as many as twenty, mattresses, featherbeds, egg-crate foam or memory foam toppers. With each new mattress added, each new soft blanket snuggled we awaken distressed and sleep deprived! And each morning when asked how we slept our response is,


"Oh, terribly bad!"
‘I have hardly closed my eyes the whole night! Heaven knows what was in the bed. I seemed to be lying upon some hard thing, and my whole body is black and blue this morning. It is terrible!’


Our true diagnosis has been neglected, overlooked and brushed over! Our true identity has been kept secreted, unknown and veiled from the world!


We are princesses! Unable and incapable of sleeping because of a small pea under our mattresses!


So tomorrow, when I awaken around ten-ish,  I will call my sweet mother and tell her what has been amiss  all along. We will begin our lives anew as royalty...Princess Joanna of Creve Coeur and Princess Rebecca of Ballwin!


Our lives will carry on as they always have. We will not look for any adoring, fainting throngs of people. We will not view family or friends as less than us... commoners or peasants. We will seek no special treatment or  pushing paparazzi. Please no photographs.


Curtsey if you must.  In more formal variants of the curtsey, the girl/woman bends the knees outward (rather than straight ahead), often sweeping one foot behind her. She may also use her hands to hold her skirt out from her body.


For all we really want and all we really seek in our kingdoms of Creve Coeur and Ballwin is a faultless, uninterrupted, full night of sleep.


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Tait said...

Sounds like the Princess needs a date with Prince Valium.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages