The month of March has significant memories for my family. It is the month that Jon and I were married and the month that college basketball gets so intense they call it March Madness. Both the celebration of our wedding anniversary and the basketball frenzy are reminders of madnesses past.
Let me explain what I mean. My family loves college basketball, so every year in March we fill out our NCAA tournament brackets. We can get pretty competitive while comparing what we have predicted. Mostly our madness consists of a tiny bit of trash talk. As teams lose we love to show how well we are doing according to what we filled in on our brackets. We love to watch the games...even the insane upsets that have left some of our very young sons in tears over the years. Our daughters love the game as well. Some daughters have had close to stalking kinds of crushes on J. J Reddick and others... Jon insulted one of our girls tonight by saying that she fills out her bracket according to the cuteness and the color of the university's uniform. Not true but funny still.
When I reflect on the fact that Jon agreed to a wedding date in March it is the one reminder, since I have forgotten so much about that wedding day, that he MUST have been crazy about me to possibly miss one of the final four games that year to say his "I Do's" As it turned out he and the other groomsmen were in the basement watching the game while there were lulls in our reception.
Everything about March seems a bit crazy! Along with the games and the anniversary, the weather can be a bit mad...today we had snow when I woke up and last week I was wearing flip flops to school.
This week starts the tournament and while I have not filled out my NCAA tournament bracket, nor have I bought a gift for Jon, or thought of one, for our upcoming 26th anniversary, I feel the energy and excitement that March brings...
I simply lu-huv the madness of it all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


2 comments:
When was this pic taken? I love it!
Sorry, last post was me, but I'm sure Jake loves it also:)
Post a Comment