Saturday, April 30, 2011
Music, Art and a Night with Cassie
I know I have stated before that I love going to school. I love to learn. Now that I have a new love for the education process I tell stories to my kids. They have heard names, had classrooms described to them and learned about my professors.
Tonight, I took Cassie with me for the Meramec Student Art Show and the competition Battle of the Bands. Cassie met many of the instructors and friends I have made over the years. Cassie smiled, engaged in conversation and looked adults in the eye when she spoke. She smiled and joked with them and responded with relating comments. My photography instructor recognized her as my daughter, as did fellow students, because Cassie is so often the subject of my homework. I watched her move about the room, smile and engage with people she had only just met. I was impressed.
Before we left the school we wandered the halls and I showed her where my classrooms were. She pointed out drawings and graphic designs of mine hanging in the halls. We both had to laugh at the role reversal of the moment. She even mentioned she would like to sit down with my teachers to see if I talked during class time instruction.
Tonight I was simply engrossed in the moments with Cassie.
On our way home we sang silly songs and talked about who was who from the stories I have told. It was a night I will never forget spending alone with her. I realize she is growing up in ways that I haven't seen before tonight.
Carly often says of Cassie,
"When I grow up I want to be just like her."
Me too.
During Battle of the Bands she and I laughed at some of the INSANELY loud music and were wowed by the talent that was there. Cassie worried that I would lose my hearing as I photographed some of the participants up close to the sound systems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)







No comments:
Post a Comment