Things have been hard this year. Recently there have been struggles that Jon and I have felt as we live divided (he in Nashville and me in St. Louis) and as we work towards getting completely moved to Nashville. Jon is working hard to understand the workings of a new job and is traveling a lot. He is frustrated with the knee that he had surgery on six months ago. It has been hard.
I am taking care of the house and all things connected with the work that is being done and trying my best to keep things together through all the physical and emotional and financial woes that go along with it. Some days I do well...other days I am a complainer.
Throughout it all I have had the love and encouragement of my parents, help from both of my sisters; Kathy with yard work and Joni with phone conversations that are funny and light. Carly and Rachel came home to help with the painting and scrubbing of the house. Carly and Jenna along with their roommates are now praying each night that our home will sell quickly.
Tonight, I found out that I am also being cared for by Shane and Cassie. Cassie reminded me of the importance of prayer as I found her kneeling in her room tonight. From her example, I walked down stairs and approached Shane. I asked him to say a prayer for all of us. At first he was hesitant...what to say and what were my concerns and what was I needing him to say specifically? I told him to listen to the spirit. He said a beautiful prayer. He first poured out his thanks to Heavenly Father for all things and then proceeded to ask for specific blessings for each member of our family and for our family as a whole. He wept as I did and there was a peace that followed once the prayer was closed.
I am grateful more every day for my family and for the children he has blessed me with. It is a reminder of why families are so important and why the adversary is trying his best to diminish and destroy the family unit.
I am so happy to be beside Jon in all the craziness of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

1 comment:
You are a lucky lady! What a sweet experience to share with Shane.
Post a Comment