Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sugar-Honey-My-Darlin' and Y'all Come Back Now

Oh how I have missed the south and the southern ways! This week I have been in the company of great friends. Even though we have been away for close to a decade, I feel like we have picked back up on friendships without any awkward or strange silences. There are hugs and smiles and the rushing of memories as we re-visit people we love and admire.

As we pass by familiar places I can close my eyes (only if Jon is driving) and think back on my life as a van-drivin' Mama with a car full of little kids and their sounds. When I walk the mall I can recollect what it felt like to be holding on to Cassie's chubby little hand. I can drive pass a shoe store and recall buying Rachel her first pair of high heels. I can glance over to the field and see my little blonde boy playing soccer. I see the baseball fields and think of all the times we cheered for Jon's softball team. I see the elementary school where Carly won the Christmas Card Art Contest and Jenna sang in the "First Ladies, Ladies First" fifth grade play.

I loved those days and although I will not ever return to them I have amazing friends who are here who I love and look forward to spending time with. I have missed friendship.

I am home.

3 comments:

Richelle said...

I'm glad you are happy friend!

Lynette said...

Your friends are happy you're home!

Unknown said...

You are home!! We love it that ya'll came back!!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages