Being on long road trips with Jon can be a bit boring. Like the time I went hunting with him and sat in a tree stand waiting for deer, he " SHOOSHES" me when I begin to talk. Over the years of road travel I have grown accustomed to his silence by counter-acting it with a long nap, nuzzled into the passenger seat with two pillows.
Now on the road with Carly at the wheel, I dutifully have remained quiet; a creature of habit and time. But tonight is one of my most pleasant road trips while I sit beside her and listen to her sing beautifully, through many songs on her iPod. I am soothed by her melodies and perfect pitches. Some of the songs conjure up my little girl singing along with the car radio.
Tonight, I love this simple pleasure that makes me feel all aglow with peace and love for my sweet Carly Michelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

No comments:
Post a Comment