Monday, November 21, 2011

Pink Goo with Jon as the Cat

The Cat in the Hat was bad. He was a mischievous, trouble-maker! There was that pink goo he brought into the house. One mess led to another and then another and then to another! Pink goo was everywhere! It was stressful to see the mess taking over each room of the house and I remember thinking,


"Get rid of the cat and clean it up all yourself before your mother gets home!"

But I also remember how persistent the cat was at consoling the young boy and girl. He made promises that all would be fine. I believed his words and with each page I expected to see the house clean again. But it didn't happen  until the last few pages of the book. In one quick swoop everything was clean again. 


By then I was just so mad at that messy, lying, good-for-nothin cat! 

On Saturday I personally learned something about the Cat in the Hat that made me think that maybe he wasn't bad after all. I found some understanding for the cat. 

Here is my story.

I started the day with the intention of running the lawn mower to pick up all the leaves on our lawn. I soon discovered that the job of cleaning up the leaves was much like the story of the Cat in the Hat

I began to pick up leaves with the lawn mover. I would mow a few rows and dump the leaves in a bag. In an effort to help with the outside appearance of the house, Jon decided to blow out the gutters that were filled with leaves....leaves that landed on my freshly raked lawn. The bottom of the gutters were full of water and decomposing leaves that STUNK and the slime run-off oozed out of the gutter and onto our american flag and eaves of the house. Some of the stinky leaves landed on my head. Ew.


I ran the mower over the leaves again that he had blown into the yard. I then swept the drive and front walkway. I turned the corner of the house to see Jon blowing out the front beds....onto to my walkway and driveway..AHHHHH! 


I ran the mower back over the front lawn again! Round and round and round it went. Once the gutters were clean and cleared out, Jon pulled out the hose to spray the gutters off. The cold and wet spray went everywhere and I had to run to avoid it, while still mowing.

I called out to Jon,

" Working like this reminds me of the book The Cat in the Hat"

He chuckled and nodded his head, unaware that I was accusing him of messing everything up as I worked. He was the CAT!..that naughty, mischievous, messy cat. 

But in the end it was just like the book, it all came together in the last hours of light. The outside of the house was beautiful and clean. I was appreciative of Jon's help.

And after it was over-

I sat there with Jon
We sat there we two
And I said, " How I wish 
We had some kind of food.

Too exhausted to go out
and too stiff to go call
So we sat in the house
And did nothing at all.

So all we could do was to

sit
    sit
        sit
           sit!

And we did not mind it 
Not one little bit!






1 comment:

Lynette said...

You are hilarious! This is a great post...love the Sueuss poetry at the end. Steve would be jealous at you helping out in the yard. He never gets that...not one little bit.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages