Today was GLORIOUS!
Have I ever used the word glorious before to describe my day? I don't think so, but when Jon asked about my reading day at the elementary school is was the perfect word for the day. In fact, I don't think I have ever used that word in a sincere way? Nope, usually it is accompanied with a sarcastic tone, but today it was for real, for sure and dead on!
Why?
Because with these first graders I get
a smile
a hug
a wave
a small hand to hold
laughter
determination
sincerity
a "Look what I did!"
and most of all the enthusiastic question,
" Do I get to read with you today?"
Apparently I am not the only one that feels the wonderful-ness of it all. Today I met a volunteer who was on disability from her job after three back surgeries. She said she was spiraling downward for several years until she started reading with these kids. She said the whole experience has changed her life...
to glorious! (my word, not hers but it was implied)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

No comments:
Post a Comment