Monday, February 6, 2012

No...I Don't Roll Doobies!


There are some years that I would like to forget, like the year we lived in Wyoming. Other years, like the first year after one of my babies were born,  I have simply have forgotten in the blur of those days. Now in retrospect, oh heck, really when 2011 was going on I knew it was a year I would want to forget. With back injuries, knee surgeries, family struggles, big decisions, a new job and a house on the market, 2011 was a VERY trying and tiring year.

In the midst of getting ready to put our house on the market we worked late into many nights.  The "to-do" lists were endless...ENDLESS! The money and time we put into the house left me sore and exhausted. Carly took a week off from work to come home and help. Her renewed energy gave me hope that there could be an end to my lists. When she left to go back, Rachel took a turn to come home and help. 

I picked Rachel up at the airport and then we took Shane to the DMV to get his driver's license. It was fun for Shane to have his big sis here when he could drive.  Rachel was equally as excited to be here for her brother's big event. 

While I was happy for Shane my mind was completely engrossed on the long lists of chores. I brought a list into the DMV to brainstorm what else needed to be done. While we were waiting I rattled off more chores while Rachel wrote them on the growing list. People waiting around us for their tests were quiet so I am sure that my vocal directions were loud and hard to ignore.

" We need paint for the trim and doors" I rattled off.

 "I also need to call the painter for the kitchen cabinets and I need lysol for the dog's kennel." 

I looked to the ceiling trying to remember everything. My mind was swirling with how much work was left. The inside the house was getting closer to being done but the outside of the house hadn't really been started. 

Then in an "ah hah" moment I remembered the flower beds in front of the house that needed to be cleaned out. I looked back at Rachel and spoke quickly, afraid I might forget in the next second what was on my mind.

" Did you put weed?" I asked

Shane began laughing and Rachel's eyes, big and beautiful as they are, got much bigger. I was completely  in a fog as to what was wrong with what I had said. And then it came; weed? like mary jane, hashish, reefer, cannabis was not what I was referring to but it sure sounded like it. 

Now when I have my "Mom" moments  Shane will say in a mimicking tone,

" Did you put weed?"



No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages