I love this place with you
where a wish becomes a reality
in a life I have dreamed about.
Unafraid and determined,
where my life makes more sense
than it ever has before
where I am the mom
and you are the dad.
Sleepless nights where you cradle her
slowly sauntering across the floor, soothing and soft
then my turn with swaying, gentle lullabies
until she finally slumbers
as the morning light enters
Our days seem endless but are shining and golden
where I am the mom
and you are the dad.
First steps and first words,
we’re pressing and penniless
Keeping composure and cool,
while teaching and learning,
More laughing and loud noises
adding lessons and schools,
Tho rewarding and tiring,
leave us breathless and dazed
where I am the mom
and you are the dad.
Five growing and almost all gone
and in my recalling of those days I see
her smiling and his playing
her affection and how gentle she was
when caring for baby,
I remember our love and the joy that they brought
the richness and meaning
of days that are ending so swiftly
where I am the mom
and you are the dad.
rebecca frazier


No comments:
Post a Comment