Monday, February 27, 2012

Reminder of Happy Days.


i found this thank you note I wrote nearly five years ago. something as simple as a note has now become a treasure for me that brings to mind great memories and friends that I don't see as much or who have moved away. the mundane details of our lives don't turn out to be so mundane after all. write down your life! and begin today.


Everyone,
I find myself yet again without a single thank you card in my house. Since I am unprepared I have decided that it is more important to get my thoughts on paper while they are fresh than having a pretty card to express them on.
Kim, thank you for your ideas for the program and for being inspired to ask Whitney to be our main speaker. Thank you for you direction in a video that came together with ease and inspired me as I put it together. I can see the time and thought you put into this program and I can’t thank you enough for your consistent efforts to see this through to the end to make it run smoothly. My young daughter told me last night that the spirit was so strong and I know you followed the inspiration of the spirit so that all of us could be taught last night.
Heather, thank you for your idea of the theme and for the music that matched the theme. It was a perfect fit from the start. Flowers and gardening will forever make me remember this year in young women.  I love your straightforward approach to things and your sense of timing. Your experience and talent invigorate me and teach me to either stick to my impressions or humble myself so I can learn. 
Bonnie, thank you for keeping us all organized and ticking and for having 75 bowls in your basement. You make my mind feel young again. Your contribution to every detail of every activity is irreplaceable. I love knowing that you are there to back us up… You are a breath of fresh air and the young women adore you.
April, thank you for coming in at the last hour with such a willingness to work and do whatever is asked. I am also glad for the company in the free flowing tears department… although I think you cry much prettier than I do so I need to work on that. I look forward to knowing you better and working with our great Laurel class together.
Carrie, WOW and YUM! I think that sums it all up. I love your talent of making things look delicious and they really are! I am so glad you are back with the young women. We all missed you while you were away. 
Trish, thank you for being our food committee. The soup was delicious and I loved not worrying a thing about dinner. Sorry my soup was still frozen. I love your determined spirit and your spunk and your strong testimony of the gospel. I truly can’t imagine the Beehives without you.
Alma, thank you for the yummy salad and for working in the kitchen. When we were talking about what leader to assign what room for the night, I knew you belonged with Youth Conference. That was so fun this summer to ride along side you on that bus very tired and very hungry.  Those are fun memories for me…now. 
Whitney, thank you for living by the spirit. For weeks now I have seen you in action as we have visited each girl in her home. Last night your talk was the culmination of all those visits...for me and for the girls. I know that you will help these girls embrace what Personal Progress really is; for seeing beyond that small purple book and into the world ahead of them.
As a group of women we are blessed to be put together in this time and place. I love knowing all of you and appreciate your patience and forgiveness. I look at the combination of talent and gifts and know that not only are the girls a benefactor of those gifts but that we all are. That cannot be found anywhere in the world. Thank you for all that you add to my life.
With love,
 Rebecca Frazier
Chesterfield 1st Ward YW Pres.
October 22, 2007

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages