Monday, April 15, 2013

Friend

Today I feel like spinning around in circles, in a beautiful and delicate way.
I imagine in the background there is music playing as the rain falls gently from the sky. 
I am full of joy.

On other days I have felt like crying or sleeping as I have pictured myself in different scenes, clumsy and sad scenes with less than joyful emotions;  but I was still happy. It was in those pressing times that I felt a tangible element of peace that is strangely missing in times of complete joy. I describe it like a friend that has gone away but who would return at a moment's notice if I needed them.


there is yearning to find this friend always.

So when I listen to general conference and uplifting music; when I learn something new or when I rediscover something forgotten, I recognize that my friend is close by;  present in my parent's home and in the seminary room each morning. Last week in the Schnuck's parking lot I helped an old woman who was physically off balance to the doors of the store. That feeling of my friend was close by.

I am beginning to understand clearly where to find the peace that accompanies the friend I seek. It is in the scriptures that I find Him. I find Him in serving others.

Maybe in my old age I am beginning to learn something.



  


No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages