Thursday, May 29, 2014

It is strange that Shane has been gone almost a year.  I think it feels like a lot longer because of one factor…his visa still has not arrived. It feels so daily in the search for a document that says he can enter the country. Sometimes Jon and I both check the website for any updates. It can sometimes make me feel insane.

Shane has had an FBI clearance, new passport photos taken and he has been fingerprinted because they said his fingerprints had "expired."

Huh?

I heard recently that patience is a gateway virtue to faith and forgiveness. It makes me know that the Lord is teaching Shane something he needs to have for his life.

In the meanwhile, Shane is teaching others about Jesus Christ in Fresno, California mission.  This is a favorite excerpt from one of his letters-

Last week, about 210 missionaries, including myself, met together for a Zone Conference! It was pretty crazy/awesome! I got to see so so many people that I love and it made me so happy to hear how they are doing. While it definitely was a large social event, it gave me a great spiritual boost. The Assistants to our Mission President gave us a lesson on the importance of STUDYING, not just READING the Book of Mormon.
 
In thinking about it, there is a huge difference between reading and studying. If you are trying to get ready for a test, you would STUDY the material, not just read it. When we study, we try to get the most information out of it as possible. The scriptures should not be treated any differently.

Just as a Science or World History textbook holds all the answers pertaining to their individual exams, the scriptures provide the answers to the ultimate test, our life here on Earth. As the Assistants continued to speak on this subject, I knew I needed to improve in this area. At the end of their lesson, they asked if we, the entire mission, would STUDY the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes each day. I gladly said I would.
 
To all of you still reading, in the few days that I have done this, I have noticed a huge change in my heart, mind and spirit. I feel the Spirit so much stronger each day and do my best to apply the lessons in the scriptures to my life. I write down impressions and thoughts in a journal my mom sent me (shout out!) and it has made all the difference. I know, without any doubt, that the Book of Mormon is true. I know the Bible is also the word of God. I know that as we study both of these books of scripture, our hearts will be changed and we will be more committed to obey God's commandments and be more like our Savior.
 
I love my Savior so much. He is the reason I am out here. I am doing it for Him! When I look back on my life, all the blessings I have received from my Heavenly Father (my amazing family, health, education, great friends, the gospel) I had to serve a mission. Trust me when I say this: if this church wasn't true, if Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet, if the Book of Mormon was not the word of God, I WOULD NOT BE HERE. I would not spend two years of my life talking about something that wasn't true.
 
BUT, I testify to EACH and EVERY ONE of you that this Church is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet and under the direction of the Lord, restored Christ's church on Earth. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we can draw closer to God and have greater conviction that Jesus IS the Christ.
Elder Frazier and Elder Lee



No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages