This summer I have discovered that white cars have another quality. Apparently the back-side of a white car is so HUGE that other cars simply can not avoid hitting them! Let me explain.
Carly owns a white Mazda 3. She was hit, rear-ended, by a speeding car 2 months ago in Kansas City. So while she was driving a white Toyota Camry, the rental car, she was hit....rear-ended ten days after her previous accident. When she called home about the second accident we thought she was surely kidding! We began to put the pieces together about this flaw in white cars. Knowing this meant that my new white car was at risk and that traveling anywhere was at my own peril.
Today, in my white, big-butted car I drove carefully to school. I was so close to the road I would turn onto to hit the school parking lot. I was a 100 yards away to safety! and then...
You know the rest.
I guess I have discovered that cars, like people, have really sweet qualities that makes each of us special. But we also have those " big butt" qualities that make life complicated.
My dad said that " Life is what happens between the plans."
Maybe when Jon turns in his white Saturn Aura in April we should plan on another color car to replace it with. Our dancing days are over!

2 comments:
I am so sorry that you have been having car trauma. That is just strange that it's been happening with white cars. Love the quote from your dad. That's going to go on our fridge.
I bet is was a black car :-)
Post a Comment