Saturday, September 19, 2009

Do You Know What Season It Is?




My sister, Joni and I would watch these looney tunes cartoons every Saturday. I think for her 40th birthday she got the entire DVD set and I was green with envy. I love these old cartoons.

I thought about this particular one where it is actually "duck season" and Daffy Duck is out working towards self preservation by taking down "DUCK SEASON" signs and confusing hunter Elmer Fudd. Hunter Fudd becomes so confused and begins shooting at really anything. He has no idea what hunting season it is!
At my house....
I KNOW WHAT SEASON IT IS!!!

Football Season...and I love it!

Now, I don't really care to watch the sport. While I love baseball, hockey, and college basketball I don't have any desire to watch a football game. Football is boring and kind-of stupid in my opinion.

So why do I love football season?

Because every Saturday when the college games are on my husband sits on the couch and during the commercial breaks he gets up, loads another pile of laundry into the machine, pulls a load out of the dryer and begins folding. This beautiful routine happens each and every Saturday of the football season. Honestly, all year long, I truly adore Jon, but when he takes over laundry for me he is definitely more attractive. Ahhhhh..life is good.

At my house
FOOTBALL SEASON= NO LAUNDRY FOR ME SEASON

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great reason for loving football season! Hope Cassie is feeling better!

KJA said...

Well, it makes sense now cause I was thinking you were crazy. Does Jon teach other men how to do this?

Kristyn Crow said...

I LOVE this picture of you and Joni!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages