
In 2007 my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. For part of the celebration Cassie wrote some poems that represent her observations of her grandparents. She has them figured out pretty well for a 10 year old.

I am Joanna
I wonder about my children
I hear my grandchildren shrikes of laughter
I see my friends
I want the best for my family
I am a grandma
I pretend to loose Chinese checker with Cassie
I feel the joy of God
I touch the hearts of all
I worry about my family
I cry in my heart but try not to show it
I am a Mormon
I understand someone's hardships
I say loving words
I dreamed of being a grandma
I try to help all
I hope that we will all see each other again someday
I am a daughter of God.

I am Nick
I wonder how my family is
I hear the engine of my car roar
I see the remote control just waiting for me to pick it up
I want the best for my family
I am a grandpa
I pretend I do not hear Joanna when she yells, "Nick, can you turn down the t.v
I feel the wind in my hair when I double clutch the Crosley
I touch my car while I am waxing it
I worry that I do not have enough cars
I cry because I was a good boy and I did not git a car from Santa
I am a joker
I understand each different roar of my cars; one means it wants to be cleaned and the other means it wants to be driven
I say "yes Joanna', so I don't get into trouble
I dream I am riding in Nascar
I try to make sure there is no dust on my cars
I hope for the best for my family
I am AWESOME

1 comment:
Ok....hysterical that the magazine they're looking at has cars.....imagine that. Haha. Cassie has them both down perfectly.
Post a Comment