Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Positive View of a Negative Circumstance



Today I register for 2010 Spring Term classes. I have an appointment with an academic advisor next Wednesday to determine what I want to be when I grow up. All signs point to needing to register for a math class. I am scared.

I absolutely stunk at math when I had a young mind. REALLY STUNK!!

Since the time I last attended college level classes, til now, here is the math I have been working on.

1. Paycheck - expenses = a large negative number

2. Pregnancy + late night cravings= a large positive number

3. Two pain relievers + a locked door= no interruptions or sound

4. A remembered anniversary gift is > a forgotten flower bouquet

5. 5 kids + 1 husband= happiness

6. There is a 100% chance that I will be annoyed with the amount of taxes we pay each year.

7. There is a -1% chance that I will ever fit in my pre-baby jeans that are still sitting in my dresser drawer.

8. Crooked teeth= orthodontics - funds that were in savings x 5 = x (x always means...WHO THE HECK KNOWS!)

9. 5 women in one house means we should have invested 100% of our funds in Kotex stock.

10. Two tropical, all expenses paid, trips = Shane and Cassie


This list only proves to me that I was right in asking, when I sat stone-faced looking over my math homework as a kid,

"When will I ever use this in my life?"

Do you think I am ready for college algebra?

Hold on! This ride will be 100% bumpy!

5 comments:

Meggan said...

Oh no! So sorry. I did love your math problem #10. Also, though I am sure your daughters are a wealth of information, should you ever want to trade some more photoshop tutoring for some algebra homework helps, I would be game. I had to take all that garbage to get the accounting degree that I use so often now. Just let me know. Your blog always makes me smile=)

KJA said...

Your photo shopped picture rocked! See who would have thunked that you would use sooooo much math as a mother (in my best dingy blond voice).
Smiles all the way!

laradouglasphotography.blogspot.com said...

That scares me too, math makes me cry...mostly b/c your brother yelled at me when I couldnt get it!!!!!

Tait said...

If only you went to college in WV, where my friend who has a masters never had to take college algebra....Go figure. Just hope you get a math teacher you can understand and won't go super fast. But hey its college you get to use your calculator for everything.

Tait said...

Oh and your picture brings one thing to mind...Van Halen's Hot for Teacher..

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages