
No Place Like Home for the Holidays


The time has gone....Rachel left today and the holiday... a memory.
I will remember that Cassie made gifts for every one of her siblings. I will remember going with Pompa and Grandma to see White Christmas at the Fox Theater. I will treasure the memories of all of us sitting in the living room and singing carols while Grandma played the piano on Christmas Eve. The sound was beautiful. I will be ever grateful that we were all together. MomRebecca
Christmas 2009 was another year in which Santa Claus completely disregarded my request (plea) for a new Cadillac. In fact, there was nothing under the tree with my name on it! The "no gift policy" was at our (Jo's and my) request and it turned out great. We enjoyed the season and our families much more. Dad/Pompa

I am very grateful that over the last 10+ years we have had some family living close by with whom we could share this time of year. The part I always enjoy the most is having Nick read the story of Christ's birth out of the scriptures and then everyone singing Joy to the World. I liked Cassie saying we should watch Mr. Bean first and then do the scripture and singing last. That meant we could have that spirit stay with us and it's great that she understands that. The Frazier family have wonderful singing ability and it added so much to the sweet spirit to hear them sing the songs about Christ, his birth and his love. Mom/Grandma

I will always remember the traditions we have that are always my favorite! We always start CHristmas eve with dinner at Pompa and Grandmas, then we go in to the living room and watch Merry Christmas Mr. Bean. After much laughter we head into the front room where Pompa gets out his bible and reads with singing with grandmas beautiful piano playing shortly after. Then all us kids head to bed all together and play games and talk ALL NIGHT and sometimes into the morning. Then we wait feverishly for mommy and daddys voice to tell us we can come upstairs. I will also remember new things such as the fight between Pompa and Grandma of... my bible is older than your bible, going to White Christmas at the Fox together, all us girls going to see Princess And The Frog and just spending time together. Cassie/youngest and favorite... ha!

click on picture to enlarge

2 comments:
I wish I had been there:( Everyone looks beautiful!
I love your family.
Post a Comment