Listening to talk radio is a must if I am in the car. I used to listen to Dr. Laura faithfully but now she is no longer on the airwaves I can pick up. I am a Glenn Beck junkie and find that his show is the fusion of entertainment and enlightenment....so I laugh (entertainment) and I learn (enlightenment)
I also like Laura Ingraham some but find she is a Republican only and sometimes that gets tiresome to me. Today while her show was on I got a little bored and began looking for another station to listen to. I was looking for some interesting chatter but instead I landed on a station where the conversation was the fusion of stupidity and ridiculousness.
The woman they were speaking to claimed to be a bad girl. It came across that she wore this title like someone might if they had received their Masters Degree. She was thrilled to be on the air to explain how she had gained such recognition. While I listened I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry.
"So what makes you a bad girl?" they asked.
Between the yeahs, and ya knows and whatevers the explanation was something like,
"Well, I am the girl that you can get to do anything, I mean there is nothing I won't try and I am the life of any party because of it. I can be bold and daring and nothing phases me. I can be a real b@#*!@ sometimes because there is nothing wrong with being a b@#*!@. "
She stated the same kind of sentiments over and over again and mostly repeated the same sentence but with new emphasis on phrases like,
" I will do ANYTHING really!"
but what threw me off the most wasn't her words but the tone in which she delivered them. She sounded bubbly, giddy, golly, shucks, I'm so silly and down right-honored to tell you about my being a real bad girl.
It reminded me of a talk by Margaret Nadauld
Women of God can never be like women of the world.
The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender.
There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind.
There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith.
We have enough greed; we need more goodness.
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity; we need more purity.
While I pursue who I want to be every day, and daily I know I fall short, I will never ever find solace in saying I am proud to be bad. I don't believe that the girl on the talk-show really was proud of herself either.
The women in our lives, daughters, mothers, sisters and friends... are under attack to be anything other than women of God. Don't let them believe the lies out there in the world. We can make things happen and change so much if we don't buy into it. Because...
"One woman, with the help of the spirit, can change the world."
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


No comments:
Post a Comment