Sunday, April 25, 2010

Knock knock

the night after my surgery I had trouble staying asleep. I would move in and out of consciesness pretty often but there was a block of time that I was clear thinking and still. It was during that stillness I was at peace. Amidst the whirring sound of the fan in my room I pondered on my blessings. I had had a priesthood blessing. I had felt the love of my family. I had gone to the temple. I had asked my surgeon if he had prayed that day and there with my whole surgical crew he offered a prayer in my behalf. During a difficult and tedious surgery I was safe and whole and my prognosis is great.
It is during these times that I know the Saviour is close by. There is never a doubt that He wants us to know how close by He is. As a child, I remember a teacher showing me the painting of Christ knocking on the door and waiting for us to open it because the knob was only on our side.
He was close to me that night and I was grateful for the peace and calm He brought while I sat in my hospital room counting my blessings.

No comments:

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages