Thursday, April 8, 2010

Playing My Part

1. My closest friends are my family. I don't like to be friends with people who always have me on an "audition". I can't be myself.
2. I love to take pictures and HATE to have my picture taken!
3. I really like to swim, take long walks and lift weights. I haven't done any of these in several years and feel the results. AHHH!
4. During several of my pregnancies I seriously wanted to eat dirt. I craved it so much that as I traveled behind a cement truck my mouth watered. I later found out I had a for-real condition called pika.
5. I have terrible teeth despite being a former dental assistant and knowing how to take care of the whole teeth thing. It is VERY frustrating!
6. I love to sing in the shower and the car when I am alone.
7. I don't see "R" rated movies or watch TV on Sundays.
8. I can't stand to see someone left out and will make sure I seek them out and involve them in any thing I am doing.
9. I swore I would never have children in the month of December. My last two kids are Dec. 12 and Dec. 9th.
10. I swore I would never have pets. I have 2 dogs.
11. I have to sleep with 2 pillows.
12. I refuse to believe that "hating" others has a place in politics, family, different religions or traditions. I believe that people who have drastically different ideas than I have, still have more in common with me than not. I am not better than anyone. People who hate or only hang out with those like themselves appear uneducated and foolish.
13. I adore my 5 kids.
14. I have little patience and can often be found with my foot in my mouth because my opinions are strong and incapable of not being stated.
15. I make cinnamon rolls on the kid's snow days which is a tradition my mother started when I was a kid.
16. I learn best with hands on. Reading can be very hard for me as I have to read a page several times to get it.
17. I love college basketball, professional baseball and hockey. Football is boring and I hate the sound of it on in my house.
18. I believe in Christ and keep that very close. Instead of walking around asking others if they have been "saved" (which I think is not Christ-like) I know I tell what I believe by how I act.
19. In all my years of living in different places, I have lived the longest in my current home.
20. If given the chance to do it all over again...I wouldn't. Let's just get on with whatever is next.
21. I love to move my furniture around.
22. I have wonderful parents and my brother and sisters are the BEST.
23. I was scared to death to start back at school at 44 but was motivated to be an example to my kids that you never say "it's too hard" or to be afraid.
24. I love to speak in a public forum. I hate being the center of attention. My wedding and baby showers were painful.
25. I love to sit and talk with my kids and laugh late into the night. I try to let them say anything without looking shocked. After being in school again I realize that my kids who don't drink, sleep around or do drugs are not able to shock me with anything they say!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Sounds like my amazing friend has an amazing life!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages