Today I went to the chiropractor. I have had a neck-shoulder-arm ache for days and it was time for some acupuncture. Acupuncture works for me and I was willing to take all the pins the chiropractor wanted to spear into my skin to take this nagging pain away. That really makes it sound worse than it is cause I don't feel the needles at all.
When I asked him what he thought was going on with my neck-shoulder-arm he said that most pent-up pain is stored energy that comes from indecision. Hmmmm?
He asked me, "What are you indecisive about?'
I pondered... briefly.
He then left the room while I was all stuck with needles and told me to think about it. I felt like a kid who's parents had said just before closing the door,
" You think about what you have done and let me know"
SLAM!
So in the darkness I felt like I had to come up with something. I thought and thought and thought. I had nothing come to mind.
I decided I needed to dig a little deeper into my soul! I tightened my eyes and concentrated.
What was it that I couldn't decide?
Still...
Nothing. My mind was blank.
Now I am being a bit facetious but I really did consider if there was something I was unsure of because I do believe that the human body reacts to our emotional state.
I heard the timer go off in the hall outside my room. It meant my time was up and all needles would be removed. I wondered if when they were pulled out I could see all the energy of indecisiveness leave in a stream of smoke from the holes left behind by the needles. Maybe in that smoke I could see the answers pass by in dreamy pictures of what it was that was troubling me. No such luck. I left the room without answers.
I went out the door and got in my car. As the day has progressed I have decided that I have a serious case of indecisiveness of what I am indecisive about. Wow...as confusing as that sounds, just imagine how bad it feels in a neck-shoulder-arm ache. No wonder I am in so much pain.
I think I have a chronic case and I now know why the advil I have been taking has not been working. It says that it is for the relief of swelling, pain, tenderness and stiffness. I should have read the bottle first cause it says nothing about indecision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)

No comments:
Post a Comment