Wednesday, August 4, 2010

For BETTER or for WORSE!

I recall the playground days...two teams with two team captains and then the choosing of all the players began. It was anguish when you knew you would be selected last even before the choosing began. I was not bad at sports but I was an unknown entity because we moved so much. I was often the "new kid".

This was my lot on the playground but recently at board games...specifically a new game called "BUZZ WORD", everybody wants me. 

I could end the post there. I mean, it is a wonderful feeling to be wanted but I want to tell you the rest of the story.

BUZZ WORD goes something like this... a reader announces the buzz word and then gives clues to get team members to guess phrases. You have a limited time to get your team mates to give the correct answers and all unanswered clues can be stolen by the opposing team. Highly Competitive!!!

EXAMPLE-


Apple
1 The object of my affection . . . . . . . . . . . . Apple of my eye
2 Cinnamon dessert named for a lady . . . Apple Brown Betty
3 Lump in a man’s throat . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Adam’s apple
4 70s Tim Conway/Don Knotts flick . . . . The Apple Dumpling Gang
5 New York’s nickname . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  The Big Apple
6 Public TV kids’ science show . . . . . . . . . . . Newton’s Apple
7 The all-American dessert . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Apple pie
8 Goes great with pork chops . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Applesauce
9 National chain of restaurants. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Applebee’s


We had the game started on Sunday evening with Richelle Bishop and kids, Jackie Stevens and my family. I was the only female on the male team. We were up against an all girl team.  I was an important player on the guys team. I had all the answers and we were on our way to a big win.


Until-
SCREEECH. A man showed up...namely Nick Blair, to play with us. I was off the guys team and Nick took my place. He had never played and many did not want to loose my mad skills from their team. They practiced with Nick and said, 
"Ok, we will take Nick."
He seemed all right. 

First round for the boys the buzz word was "BETTER"

Jon began reading the clues...

1. Showing Up Tardy beats not showing up at all....  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

 they got that one

2. Past it's prime..........SEEN BETTER DAYS

got that one

3. Term of spousal endearment....

Nick screams out his answer, 

"BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!"


What can I say? 
we discovered that Nick is a hopeless romantic. I can't wait til he has his " BETTER HALF" and as a term of endearment he says to her regularly of their relationship, "Ah, honey...better luck next time." 



2 comments:

Carly Michelle said...

Ah hahahaha. I've been teasing him about this NON STOP! Too funny.

KJA said...

very cute and lots of fun

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages