Friday, February 11, 2011

My Life is Average



My drawing teacher is mean.


Whenever we are in class she browbeats us with threats of bad grades if we are ever tardy and loudly tells us that there is NEVER an excused absence. If we go to the bathroom she times how long we are gone. Over and over again she reminds us of how our grades could plummet if we are absent or late! This makes me a bit tense since I am NOT an artist and I have never really drawn.I scramble to get to her room to sign in on her piece of paper on time. I inwardly complain that she is ridiculous. I have determined that I will bring a barf bucket to class if I am ever sick. Puke and draw, then puke and draw... 


On Wednesday my class just before drawing went a little long. I was speed walking down the hall, nearly pushing people down to make sure I got into the class before she announced that I was tardy. 





I made it in time, but there was one problem. 

I had to pee!

So sheepishly I walked over to my mean teacher and told her I needed to run to the bathroom.

She snapped back that I better hurry.

I can walk really fast so I quickly exited into the empty hall and began thinking, 

"What will she do if I take a long time?"

" She can't talk to me like that, I am old enough to be her mother!"

So instead of a frenzied pace, I began to stroll and glide slowly down the hall in silent rebellion. Upon arriving into the ladies room,  I took my time to decide which stall to use...all were open and I wanted to pick a nice one. I washed my hands extra long, lathering up a great deal while bubbles floated past the mirror delicately. I waited for the water to feel extra hot before I rinsed my well washed hands. I patted down my hands with several paper towels. I leaned into the mirror and fixed my hair a little. I pulled the chap-stick from my pocket and pressed it onto my lips. I leaned back into the mirror to be sure I had complete coverage on both lips.

I left the ladies room and began my stroll back down the hall. I looked as if I was ice-skating with my hands locked together behind my back...gliding, gliding. I paused to look at the hall bulletin boards.  I smiled at a man in the hall. Thank goodness he wasn't one of those nudey models I see clad in just their bathrobes. For that I would have walked a lot faster!!

 I took my sweet time to the door just before my stop and then...

I quickened my step and I walked speedily and recklessly into the classroom, the look of hurry in my face. 

I sat at my drawing board and began sketching the bowls, tables and bottles that sat in the middle of the room. 

I smiled and chuckled inwardly just a little and with a feeling of satisfaction I sketched out the best drawing of the semester. 

I have her class again in a few hours and already I am plotting out how I can retaliate in my quiet, simple way that leaves me happy and relaxed...and frankly a better drawer-er.

Hee hee.



4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly Michelle said...

You're letting a teacher bully you?! My mom?! She sounds a tad ridiculous. I'm glad you chose the right bathroom stall. Thats very important.

But I can relate to the walking back into the room, looking frenzied and acting out of breath.

Like mother like daughter.

Still miss you.

Lynette said...

BELLY LAUGHS...! I can picture you gliding slowly down the hall, sort of like Michael Cain in "Miss Congeniality." And BTW, your life is CERTAINLY not average!

Tara Johnson said...

oh my heck, I love it! And you know you are right, you can't just choose any stall. Eww Gross!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages