Recently there has been a shake-up at the house. There has been a document drafted, reviewed, accepted and passed into law. Some of the constituents are a bit unhappy with the new requirements of citizenship in Frazier Land. In a nutshell, the law requires others to cook dinner, clean the kitchen and keep their rooms clean. ( loud gasp of disbelief!) To make it even more unbelievable there are consequences to noncompliance!! (louder gasp!)
I have seen the disgruntle and disheartened. I have heard their complaints verbally and non-verbally. I hear the sighs and stomps as they climb the stairs carrying their own laundry to their rooms. Another complaint came as the husband of the house looked over his responsibilities on the well- placed, taped up law, and said,
" Why do I have to clean the kitchen twice a week when everyone else only does it once?"
There could even be some thoughts that I have given away so much work that I might just be sitting around eating bon-bons while playing games on my i-pad. In the land of Frazier there are many cabinet positions still open and available for me to cover until someone else decides they want the job. All applicants apply within.
For instance, the job for "Office of Management and Budget" is open for applicants. I still pay the bills, pay the tithing which requires my faith alone, and use my sharpest of math skills and creative finance trickery. My background of being Miss Shellist's Math Grand Champion most of third grade had me a shoo-in for the job.
There is also the opening for Homeland Security. First, let me say, I took a gun safety class and at the firing range I had a tight ring of bullet holes on the paper dummy! I keep these people safe from harm. I am a door locker, car or house. I am an alarm setter for bedtime and keep the porch light on all night. I build my family's food reserve regularly and our cash reserve, casually. I do not like when anyone goes out at night to hang out. I give VERY specific instructions before anyone goes to the mall! I insure that we all have prayer, scripture study and Family Home Evening. Most of the time I teach the lessons, make the treat and encourage the game playing afterwards. Prior to the lesson I search and seek what I need to teach to help protect our family best. It can be a grueling and tear producing project. My credentials for this job? I'm a Mom.
Department of Health and Human Services is another position that requires me to buy food that is healthy for my family, make all doctor's appointments, buy all medicines and administer, listen to the frustrations of life, encourage the down-hearted, praise the progress, push for a regular exercise program, help with life goals, supply reminders of teeth brushing and retainer wearing and anything that requires any and all benefits to the physical, mental and emotional health and proper growth for all citizens, both near and far, of Frazier Land. I came with no experience for this job BUT the on the job training program is largely comprehensive. While this can be a stressful time, you learn quick or die.
I could go on and on... but I need to stop now in fear that my few short words today could turn into an long and boring oration. In short I have much to do. I still have more to do in a day than I can cover.
But for now, when I return home to the castle, I can be assured that there are others engaged in the success of our family endeavor. There are vacuums whirling, dryers drying and feather dusters, dusting. As trite as it may seem, I think part of our success starts with clean bathrooms, picked up bedrooms and completed laundry. ( riotous applause!)
Thank you, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.
Family Favorites
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Sunday night game night with friends
* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert
* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)
* Photography
* Lake of the Ozarks
* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with
* Roller Coasters
* Wicked
*Rocking on the front porch
* Thunderstorms
* The Muny
* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo
* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team
* Blogging
* Church
* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park
*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


2 comments:
Love it!! I didn't know you lived in a castle?
You GO, girl! Have Jon call Steve, and let him explain the intricacies of bathroom cleaning. As I told you, I haven't done it for years. Rooting for you, queenie!
Post a Comment