When I say Carly made a screaming entrance into this world I mean it literally! She cried and cried and cried and when she was finished with that she cried and cried some more. No one wanted to babysit her and I even had to move her crib from the room with Rachel into the living room of a small duplex so we could all get some sleep.
And then one day all the colicky crying stopped. She became one of my most cheerful and happy babies and it has lasted since. Today she is 23 years old.
There are some funny moments in the story of Carly's arrival, but my favorite is when the nurse handed her to Jon to hold for the first time and she peed all over him. We have used that moment metaphorically ever since.
Today as I reflect on her life as my daughter her greatest strength is in her desire to do the right thing in each instance. I felt much the same way as a young girl and I can see it's far reaching blessings today in my self and even better in Carly.
A consistent, righteous life produces an inner power and strength that can be permanently resistant to the eroding influence of sin and transgression.
I am blessed every day to have her as my daughter. She brings our family joy.
Oh....
and one last thing.
She is so tender-hearted that often, very often, in a moment of sweet and tender emotion you will find Carly crying.
She has returned to her early habit of crying, though not near as loud,and for different reasons. She just has a sweetness that has dubbed her forever as my Sweet Carly Michelle.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLY!!!!!
and
and
Today it IS all about you.


1 comment:
THANKS MOM!!! I wish you had been here to celebrate with me!
Post a Comment