Monday, June 6, 2011

How to Sell a House

When I went to the chiropractor last week I was explaining my woes of selling a house. Without hesitating she told me when we put our house up for sale, I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph, head down, by the front door, facing away from the house... then pray special prayers to him for 10 days. 


Huh?



I laughed it off but she said she was serious and that she had done it before with wild success.


Could I really dig a hole and bury a saint in my yard? It reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock's, movie Rear Window. Would my neighbors get nosy or would my dog reveal my crime by digging up the upside down St. Joseph? 


Later that day I went to get my hair cut and my stylist told me when she put her house up for sale she buried a statue of St. Joseph, head down, by the front door, facing away from the house... then prayed special prayers to him for 10 days. She sold her house in three weeks!


Now after two testimonies I felt competitive with St. Joseph. All I have are my simple, unrehearsed, pleading prayers that my home will sell quickly and without the need of a realtor. The best I could figure is that in order to win with my prayers I had a three week window. And alas there are not any statues of latter day prophets that I would feel comfortable burying in my yard. 


I do know where there is a huge Catholic supply store...right across the street from Ted Drewes (it is a hot day  ya know) ....hmmmm?


So today, I started the morning again with my simple prayer. The points I made with God were 1) We need the house to sell quickly and without a realtor 2) we have worked tirelessly to make this home beautiful for a new owner 3) We need to be together as a family and not separated for a long period of time 4) We need to buy a house in Tennessee soon so my kids will know what school they will go to right away 5) And all points are concluded with  IF IT BE THY WILL...


It crossed my mind to tell God we were up against a plastic guy upside down in other homes but I refrained. 

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

ha ha ha classic!!! Oh how I love you and am going to miss you and your family! P.s. I am pretty good at digging holes.

jen said...

When we were trying to sell our St. George house I always hated the "If it be thy will" part of the prayer. We did pray for a cute family to come quickly to find our cute house that we loved and built for them! They came, They are cute but they took their own sweet time to find us!I think it took so long because I hated the "thy will" part!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages